Kemsley paper mill set for carbon reduction measures - https://t.co/BOK2So4lMR
Essex advised to reject second Rivenhall EfW plan - https://t.co/so3SlHDkQH
Three shortlisted for West of England residual contracts - https://t.co/kqXkCjXBe5
In December 2018, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs published the recycling data for local authorities in England covering the financial year 2017/18. Traditionally the Department has published data on a financial basis although it is also now starting to promote annual figures because the European Union recycling target of 50% for municipal waste has to be met by December 2020.
Across the board, in 2017/18 England saw a small 0.3% reduction in the overall recycling rate to 44.8% compared with 45.1% in the previous period. However, despite 60% of local authorities reporting lower rates than last year, some reported improvements in performance.
East Riding of Yorkshire unitary authority again topped the table, achieving a 64% recycling, composting and reuse rate according to the figures, which although slightly down from last year’s 65.4%, remains the best performing in England. However, the authority has a relatively high waste per person rate of fractionally under 500kg per person.
FOR THE FULL LOCAL AUTHORITY RECYCLING LIST FOR ENGLAND CLICK ON THE LINKS TO THE RIGHT >>
|Rank||Local Authority||Recycling, Reuse and Composting Rates|
|1||East Riding of Yorkshire Council||64.50%|
|2||Rochford District Council||63.00%|
|3||South Oxfordshire District Council||63.00%|
|4||Three Rivers District Council||62.40%|
|5||Surrey Heath Borough Council||61.40%|
|6||Stroud District Council||61.20%|
|7||South Northamptonshire District Council||60.50%|
|8||Vale of White Horse District Council||60.40%|
|9||Derbyshire Dales District Council||60.30%|
|10||Stratford-on-Avon District Council||60.30%|