National Association of Waste Disposal Officers
This page contains contact information for NAWDO, the National Association of Waste Disposal Officers. NAWDO is the primary network for senior waste managers at Local Authorities with statutory responsibility for Waste Disposal. (see below for contact information). Website: www.nawdo.org.uk
Role of the Association
The Association exists for the benefit of its members and seeks to:
1. Represent members’ general views to other bodies and organisations.
2. Promote NAWDO as a professional body to be consulted with on all relevant legislation, and provide representation on national and strategic groups to inform and influence key stakeholders and resulting policies, guidance and procedures.
3. Enable members to easily contact other members to be able to share information and explore issues with the aim of being able to benchmark performance and identify best practice.
4. Provide fora such as quarterly meetings and a website, to allow members to discuss various topics with a wide range of other members and other relevant organisations/bodies and Government Departments. Such fora will also facilitate understanding of key drivers on waste, recycling, resource management and environmental sustainability.
5. Highlight to members any changes or potential changes that may impact on them, thus enabling members to keep abreast of any such changes.
Strategic Manager – Waste & Resources, Hampshire County Council
Head of Strategy and Development, East London Waste Authority
Waste Strategic Client Manager, Bristol City Council
Waste and Recycling Manager, City of Westminster
Membership Secretary and Treasurer
Recycling Contracts Manager, Peterborough City Council
Members of NAWDO’s Policy & Advisory Committee
Shaun Askins, Luton Borough Council
Gurbaksh Badhan, Buckinghamshire Council
Wendy Barratt, Devon County Council
Tom Beagan, West London Waste Authority
Emma Beal, West London Waste Authority
Vicky Beechey, Oxfordshire Waste Partnership
Alexandra Hope, Central Bedfordshire Council
Jane Hughes, Suffolk County Council
Joel Hull, Norfolk County Council
Duncan Jones, Hertfordshire Waste Partnership
Barbara Jones, Cumbria County Council
Matthew King, Hertfordshire County Council
Andrew Lappage, East London Waste Authority
Eleanor Reader-Moore, North London Waste Authority
Ruth Robinson, Derbyshire County Council
Nigel Shilton, Leicestershire County Council
Adam Smith, Cambridgeshire County Council
Glynn Stevenson, Merseyside Recycling & Waste Authority
Tim Walker, ARC21