Industry welcomes Gove’s ‘commitment’ on waste - https://t.co/jFSveICzWy
Defra reiterates stance on HWRC charging - https://t.co/3L8vLkodu8
Audit Committee calls for EPR for furniture - https://t.co/zmWZFOZuL2
This page contains contact information for NAWDO, the National Association of Waste Disposal Officers. NAWDO is the primary network for senior waste managers at Local Authorities with statutory responsibility for Waste Disposal. (see below for contact information). Website: www.nawdo.org.uk
The Association exists for the benefit of its members and seeks to:
1. Represent members’ general views to other bodies and organisations.
2. Promote NAWDO as a professional body to be consulted with on all relevant legislation, and provide representation on national and strategic groups to inform and influence key stakeholders and resulting policies, guidance and procedures.
3. Enable members to easily contact other members to be able to share information and explore issues with the aim of being able to benchmark performance and identify best practice.
4. Provide fora such as quarterly meetings and a website, to allow members to discuss various topics with a wide range of other members and other relevant organisations/bodies and Government Departments. Such fora will also facilitate understanding of key drivers on waste, recycling, resource management and environmental sustainability.
5. Highlight to members any changes or potential changes that may impact on them, thus enabling members to keep abreast of any such changes.
Head of waste management, Buckinghamshire county council
Managing Director, West London Waste Authority
Waste services manager
City of Westminster, London
Shaun Askins, Luton BC
Wendy Barratt, Devon CC
Tom Beagan, West London WA
Ruth Robinson, Derbyshire CC
Ricky Burnett, ARC 21, Northern Ireland
Martin Capstick, North London WA
Alexandra Foreman, Central Bedfordshire
Jon Hastings, East London WA
Sam Horne, Hampshire CC
Jane Hughes, Suffolk CC
Joel Hull, Norfolk CC
Duncan Jones, Hertfordshire Waste Partnership
Matthew King, Hertfordshire CC
Andrew Lappage, East London WA
Ken Lawson, Bristol CC
Euston Ling, North London WA
John-Paul Lovie, Blackpool Council
Maggie Pratt, Cambridgeshire CC
Nigel Shilton, Leicestershire CC
Glynn Stevenson, Merseyside Recycling & Waste Authority