Recolight is the leading WEEE compliance scheme for the lighting industry, taking on responsibility for its members’ compliance, giving their customers access to the UK’s most comprehensive free lamp collection and recycling service.
Recolight’s comprehensive offering and the success of its Members makes it the preferred scheme for the lighting industry, setting the standard for the sector. It is the only WEEE compliance scheme in the UK to provide integrated free Lamp and Luminaire recycling. It has the biggest UK-wide network of over 3,200 collection points. As a result, since its founding in July 2007, Recolight has been responsible for funding the recycling of more WEEE lighting than all UK compliance schemes combined.
FREE lamp recycling services:
Service option 1 – More than 1000 lamps in 3 months
● We can provide you with a container, free of charge, and recycle your lamps free of charge too
● You will be added to Recoweb, our collection booking system
● If you are a wholesaler, you can choose to have an open collection point for all your customers
● Open collection points are added to our collection point map, for new customers to find you too
Service option 2 – Less than 1000 lamps in 3 months
● You can lease a Recolight container
● Collection and recycling is free
● You will be added to Recoweb, our online booking system
Service option 3 – One off /Adhoc collections
For relamp projects and sites that do not generate regular large quantities of lamps:
● We provide one off collections for quantities of over 1000 lamps
● We provide containers on a short term lease
● You are advised to order your container before you start your project
Small quantities of waste lamps:
● We have a network of open collection points. These are located at electrical wholesalers across the UK
● Have a look at the map on our website to find the one closest to you
● You must always call the contact number listed for the collection point to check they have space for your lamps!
Helping you stay compliant:
There are environmental, health and safety regulations with which you must comply. This is to control the risks associated with the storage and movement of hazardous waste.
● On the Recolight website you’ll find guidance to help you stay compliant
● Our pages for storing and moving waste lamps talk you through all that is required from the Environment Agencies
● We also have advice to help you complete consignment notes and your risk assessment.
A monthly newsletter from our Front Office team will advise you of any changes implemented by the Environment Agencies. The team are on hand to help with any questions you may have about compliance and the regulations.