Waste and Recycling Operations Manager
Trafford, North West England
£35,000 - £40,000
25 Feb 2018
Amey is proud to deliver a broad range of waste and environmental services to residents and businesses on behalf of Trafford Council. As an Operational Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing both domestic and commercial operations and delivering revenue targets within the contract.
Our teams work round the clock, seven days a week to provide an adaptable, professional and reliable operation all year-round and ensure the expectations of residents, workers, and visitors are exceeded every day.
What makes this role unique?
Because we help deliver a range of vital public and regulated services across Trafford, the work we do has a huge impact on the community we serve.
You will typically be responsible for revenue of up to £10m and manage a headcount of up to 90 people.
What will this role involve?
• Deliver the contractual and implied obligations to our customers.
• Actively manage customer engagement and satisfaction to achieve measurable improvements in both and achieve incremental growth.
• Deliver the agreed margin and revenue through sustainable, continuous improvement and efficiency utilising productivity data, where available.
• Deliver targeted organic growth within the business area through effective planning and strong client relationships.
Safety and Operations
• Deliver a safe, efficient and effective service achieving targeted productivity, KPI and safety performance.
• Develop and implement a culture of safe operations which is never compromised.
People and processes
• Develop, coach and resource the team to meet the future requirements of the business area and support the development of staff for Amey’s future pipeline requirements and improve performance of your people.
• Organise, engage and manage the resources within the team to deliver and improve service, engage the team and reinforce Amey’s culture and values.
• Represent Amey’s values and act as a personal role model in driving adherence to core procedures, policies and systems.
What are we looking for?
To be the successful applicant, you will have:
• Previous experience of managing operational services, preferably with waste management or other environmental knowledge.
• Ability to understand, implement and challenge commercial contracts.
• Previous experience of managing and working within an agreed budget for an operational service business area.
• Managed client relationships.
• Ability to implement and meet targets within a single contract.
• Experience of managing an operational service to strict KPI’s and SLA’s.
• Have a clear understanding of contract and related market dynamics.
• Understanding of relevant health and safety guidelines.
• Good communication, relationship management and influencing skills.
• Ability to implement and support a customer-centric approach.
• Ability to safely manage, develop and motivate a team, including proactive management of poor performance.
• Ability to manage challenging situations and demonstrate resilience.
The ability to demonstrate skill and knowledge of managing costs and maximising value of contracts through efficiencies, effective resource planning and working closely with support teams such as Commercial, Finance, HSEQ and HR, will assist you greatly at interview stage.
How to apply