Mick George Ltd
Dependent on experience
01 Nov 2018
For over 35 years, Mick George Ltd has been the driving force behind a vision for growth, expansion and diversification.
Today we are a major supplier to the UK construction industry, providing a broad range of services from Skip Hire and Waste Management, Aggregates & Concrete Supply right through to Earthworks, Asbestos Management and Demolition. Our Facilities Management division offers a wide range of services to commercial and residential clients for reactive and planned maintenance, right through to refurbishment and building installation.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Transport Planner to join our Trade Waste Business, Mick George Recycling Ltd, in Huntingdon. For the right candidate greater flexibility in location may be afforded with possibility to locate at one of our many depot locations. Working in a busy logistics environment this role is focused on delivering route optimization programs and working with our mobilization teams to ensure we are delivering to continued high standards.
The vehicles you will be responsible for routing range in size, specification and use and with an expanding fleet and fast-growing business we require a dynamic, commercially astute and experienced individual to join the team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
• Delivery of a major reroute in the first instance provides an opportunity to demonstrate your potential both within a planning and commercial context. Further progression within the business is available for the right person.
• You will use software systems and geographical knowledge to plan the routing of vehicles to ensure route optimization.
• As a Transport Planner you will monitor capacity at depots to ensure maximum waste segregation. This involves ensuring that vehicles are routed to the correct depot depending on the depots capacity.
• Ongoing review of service levels, capacity and resources to deliver best and most efficient service with our fast-growing business requires a steadfast and logical approach within a dynamic operational working environment.
• You will liaise with depot teams and the General Manager to ensure service success KPI’s are achieved.
• As part of this role you will support the region in managing resources to ensure we make best use of available vehicles and staff.
• You will monitor and investigate all subcontracted work regularly and internalize the work where possible whilst ensuring the customer and business targets are met.
• This is a key role that interfaces with many functional teams within our organization and as such stakeholder management and communications skills are key.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience within a current Transport Planner role
- CPC preferred however excellent working knowledge transport legislation (i.e. drivers hours) is essential.
- Computer literate, experience of planning tools essential
- Analytical Skills
- Technical Knowledge: Excellent knowledge of the Waste industry required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum GCSE or equivalent in Maths & English