Mechanical Engineer: Energy from Waste
£35,000 - £67,000 (DoE)
19 Mar 2020
0208 420 7482
A newly created position has arisen in a leading waste management company for an experienced Mechanical Engineer. We’re also keen to hear from Process Engineers/other engineering disciplines if you have relevant EfW experience.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Providing engineering and technical support to maintenance technicians.
- Assisting with the development of longer term maintenance strategies focusing on statutory regulations, plant improvement projects, outage planning, asset integrity, sustainability and obsolescence.
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all mechanical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner including shutdowns / outages.
- Management of inspections, condition monitoring and reliability works, performance testing and ensuring all documentation / reports are up to date, this includes a variety of approaches including International Standards for Asset Management, RCM and TPM.
- Assisting with the management of the maintenance budget, liaising with other discipline Engineers to ensure costs are controlled.
- Supervising and directing contractors and third party LTSA agreements.
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified.
- Assisting in the management and development of the site’s Computerised Maintenance Management System.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in a relevant Mechanical Engineering qualification or at least working towards a degree. Qualifications below this level will still be considered if candidates can demonstrate extensive experience.
- Ideally, solid knowledge of pressure systems safety regulations (PSSR), LOLER, PUWER< HAZOP, HAZID, CDM, rotating plant and boilers etc.
- Knowledge of mechanical process plant maintenance gained in a heavy process industry, ideally power generation.
- Working experience of Condition Monitoring Systems including reports and data extraction.
- Conversant in the use of MS Office, MS Project and CAD packages.
- Technical report writing.
For more information and to apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com
How to apply
Phone0208 420 7482
Share this job
Sign up to receive our regular vacancies email
WISH issues waste and COVID-19 advisory document - https://t.co/Imqb3oj3uH