Do you have at least three years’ experience in the field of industrial cleaning, decontamination or plant decommissioning, plus a proven track record as a work crew supervisor? Our small and skilled Industrial Services team, which provides specialist services to Grundon customers nationwide, but mainly in the southeast, needs a practical, professional and proactive Assistant Manager – are you up for the challenge? We’re offering a permanent full-time contract, competitive salary, company van and a host of benefits, including:
– Discretionary company bonuses
– Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay, Grundon matches this) with life insurance cover
– 30 days’ annual leave (inclusive of 8 bank holidays), which will increase with service, plus the option to buy up to 5 extra days’ holiday
More about Industrial Services
Cleaning and decontamination, jet washing, general site clearances, specialised works from labs and research establishments, plant decommissioning… The types of varied projects this arm of our hazardous-waste area of the business completes. The work involves physical labour and conditions can be uncomfortable e.g. sometimes wearing a protective suit, respirator or full-face mask.
What you’ll be doing as Industrial Services Assistant Manager
– Leading, mentoring and, if required, training the team, with an emphasis on ensuring all health & safety requirements and customer expectations are fully met.
– Deputising for the Industrial Services Manager if required.
– Completing risk assessments and writing standard operating procedures for the service crews to follow.
– Managing projects, both on and off site, including liaising with customers and monitoring the crew’s performance.
– Where necessary, assisting with the completion of jobs.
– Helping to ensure that work enquiries are assessed to enable jobs to be costed correctly and carried out efficiently – think health and safety considerations, resource requirements (staff and equipment), waste and residue generation and time required.
– Responsibility for the unit, vans and equipment including compliance and record-keeping.
– Researching new services to add to the existing portfolio.
What we are looking for in our Industrial Services Assistant Manager
– Qualifications – health & safety (e.g. NEBOSH) and Water Jetting Association
– You’re trained and certified to work in confined spaces and the use of mobile work platforms.
– Strong and confident communicator and team player with good negotiation skills.
– Competent computer skills.
Working hours: 40 hours, Mon-Fri, 7am-3.30pm. However, due to the nature of the role you will need to be flexible to changing your working hours, which may include working weekends. You can expect extensive travel, including extended periods away from home
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is a long-established and award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us. Interested in strengthening our team as Industrial Services Assistant Manager?
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible
Apply on company website: https://careers.grundon.com/job/481309
How To Apply
Apply on company website https://careers.grundon.com/job/481309