Next year’s award ceremony will have additional, exciting opportunities to gain recognition for ‘contribution to tackling net zero’ and a ‘local authority individual or team of the year’ category.
Now in its 19th year, those nominated for an award will be invited to a Luncheon at the five-star Landmark Hotel in London.
The most prestigious event in the environmental calendar, the Awards Luncheon allows for a unique opportunity to gain industry recognition for your achievements and promote the efforts of your colleagues and clients in recycling, reuse and waste reduction.
Over 400 people gathered at the Landmark Hotel in 2021 to celebrate the best of the best and 2022 is forecast to be bigger and better than ever.
And, entries are free and now open until 11 March. Those wishing to make an entry should submit 500 words and supporting material.
The Awards for Excellence will be judged by a panel of industry experts who bring a broad range of experience in the sector.
Other awards up for grabs are:
- Innovation of the Year
- Waste Management Initiative in the Retail, Commercial, Community and Public Sector
- Circular Economy Success
- Best Use of Design and Technology in a Waste Management Facility
- Metals Recycling Business of the Year
- Organics Recycling Business of the Year
- Wood Recycling Business of the Year
- Plastics Recycling Business of the Year
- Paper Recycling Business of the Year
- The Recycling Business of the Year
- Waste Transfer and Skip Hire Business of the Year
- Collection Crew of the Year
- HWRC Or Civic Amenity Site of the Year
- Health And Safety Initiative of the Year
- The Best Local Authority Recycling Initiative
For more information about the categories and how you can nominate somebody or put yourself forward, click here.
Last year, the awards were announced by by Channel 4 presenter Kate Quilton.
Organics recycling firm, Severn Trent Green Power was named Recycling Business of the Year, while Meltog Ltd triumphed with the award for Machinery and Equipment innovation of the year.
Other winners in their sector categories were Bright Green Plastics for Plastics Recycling Business of the Year, Shreddal SDS Group for Paper Recycling Business of the Year, and Westminster Waste for Wood Recycling Business of the Year.
Severn Trent Green Power also clinched the prize for Organics Recycling Business of the year.