WATCH THE RECORDING: Safeguarding waste facilities during the summer months
High profile fires have affected both large and small waste and recycling sites across the country. With each incident causing lasting damage to the business and most critically endangering employees, emergency response staff, local residents and wildlife, fire safety and prevention is now one of the top priorities for the sector.
The Environment Agency has issued stricter regulations for waste site operators through its Fire Prevention Plan guidance, meanwhile regulators and industry have been working together on improving scientific knowledge of how fires occur by testing a range of different waste and recycling materials.
This webinar, brought to you by surveillance and fire detection equipment specialist, Kooi Security, will provide valuable insight on how the damage and distress – financial, human and environmental – caused by fires can be avoided.
Listen in to hear an update on:
• The latest fire prevention and safety guidance
• The latest fire test research
• The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on waste sites
• New technology that is helping to reduce the risk of a fire and monitor sites so we can move into a better managed future.
If you’re interested in mitigating risk of future events and improving your site safety, then this hour-long session is not to be missed.
The panel includes:
– Geoff Smallwood, WISH Forum
– Angus Sangster, International Fire Consultants
– Richard Venema, Kooi Security
Share details of this event with others!
~ SAVE THE DATE ~ 26th November: 7th annual RDF Conference Check out what we have in store this year:… https://t.co/fUkK0e2bqP
~ SAVE THE DATE ~ Health & Safety Conference: 12th November Discover what's in store and book your place today:… https://t.co/G09t6dSfiB