Use behaviour change principles to make your campaigns more effective.
In your local or combined authority work:
- Are you tasked with developing campaigns, initiatives or communications with positive environmental outcomes?
- Do you have net-zero targets you need to get local residents & businesses on board with?
As a local or combined authority you have an amazing opportunity to affect change, but engaging the wide range of your residents can be challenging. Often, people in your role struggle to engage those residents who aren’t already environmentally conscious. Applying Behaviour Change principles could help you:
- Understand the barriers & frictions to change
- Identify the motivators & levers for change
- Communicating in ways that engage a wider demographic of your audience
- To make your campaigns and initiatives more effective, reach your targets, & drive real change.
Join Sustainability and Behaviour Change Consultant, Livvy Drake for this 1-hour introduction. You will gain insights on:
- How to plan & start a behaviour change campaign
- Key barriers & levers for change
- Examples of how other local authorities have achieved change
You will also discover how the Sustainable Sidekicks can support you & your team with behaviour change training & campaign development.
Livvy has delivered behaviour change training & campaign development workshops with:
- West Midlands Combined Authority
- West of England Combined Authority
- Cambridge & Peterborough Council’s RECAP group
- Bristol Waste
- Travel West
- Chartered Institute of Waste Managers
- Staffordshire Business & Environment Network
As a Sustainability practitioner, Livvy identified that fellow sustainability leads and environmentalists were limiting the impact of their work by falling into the traps of assuming awareness raising was enough to drive change, or communicating their own values and drivers and being frustrated when others didn’t respond like they did.
*Replay and slides available