The site consists largely of open grassland and scrub with a car park located along the northern boundary opposite the previous entrance to the site off Penrhyn Road. The site is bounded by Penrhyn Road to the north and west and Villiers Road to the south and east. The full perimeter of the site is fenced with close mesh paladin fencing 2.4m (H). Access to the site can be gained via a double gated entrance off Villiers Road along the southern boundary. The perimeter fencing, gates and access were installed to implement the ERF Planning Permission. A belt of trees up to 10m tall line the sites western boundary.
The site has been separated into two plots – the first which is 1.27 Ha in size covers the planning permission boundary for the ERF. The smaller plot which extends to 0.83 Ha was identified as the ERF construction laydown area. Both plots are accessed from the double gated entrance off Villiers Road.
Knowsley Business/Industrial Park is well located in relation to the A580, M57 and M58. Knowsley is in the Liverpool City Region.
The Site is identified as Land for Employment Development and is assigned Site Reference No. 27. Policy CS4 of the Local Plan Applies as does saved Policy EC2 of The Unitary Development Plan.
The Strategic Framework Document Delivering a New Future for Knowsley Business Park sets out the Council’s aspiration to create a Green Energy Park in order to differentiate the KIBP from other industrial and business parks in the region and facilitate sustainability objectives. These objectives will be achieved through the development of a Smart (electricity) Grid and potentially a heat network centred on key energy users and potentially developing a biomass fuelled energy centre. Energy would be retailed by a Knowsley Energy Services Company (Knowsley ESC).
Previous uses on the site are limited. Records indicate that the Site has previously been used as a Hall, Chapel and formed part of Knowsley Maypole County Primary School that was demolished in the 1960’s. By 2006 a small car park was developed along the Site’s northern boundary but the remainder of the Site has remained undeveloped.
An extensive electronic Due Diligence library containing detailed planning, environmental permitting, grid connection and site investigation information can be viewed on request by application to to the Nick Baston NCB Environmental Limited
Offers are invited with a Closing Date for Offers 23rd July 2021
- SALE PARTICULARS
- Site Address: Villiers Road, Knowsley Business Park, Knowsley, Merseyside. L34 9ET
- Greenfield/Brownfield Site extending to 2.10 Ha
- Established Industrial/Commercial Location within the Knowsley Industrial/Business Park
- Located within the Liverpool City Region
- Rectangular Level Plot with access onto Villiers Road
- Two plots of adjoining land available 1.27 Ha and 0.83 Ha
- Implemented Planning Permission for an 96,000 tonne energy recovery facility (1.27 Ha)
- Securely fenced and gated
- Well located in relation to the A580, M57 and M58
- Potential private wire and heat offtakes to local business on the proposed Green Energy Park
- VENDORS AGENTMr N.C.Baston, NCB Environmental Limited email@example.comMobile: 07387 161260.VIEWINGStrictly by appointment via the Vendors Agent.INDICATIVE OFFERSIndicative Offers together with any conditionality should be emailed to the Vendors Agent no later than the 23rd July 2021.