Axion develops and supports circular economy initiatives, with expertise in innovative resource recovery technologies, process plants and business models.
Axion is an engineering-led company operating in the resource recovery sector. We’re committed to putting science to work to find new ways to minimise waste and recover value from materials at end of first life.
We manage two large-scale sorting and re-processing plants, producing a range of high quality polymers, recycled aggregates and alternative fuels. The experience of developing our own plants and products as well as providing consultancy services gives us an unrivalled breath of technical, commercial and market knowledge and expertise.
Areas of expertise:
● Technical R&D – with services ranging from lab testing and lab scale process development through to hands-on waste stream compositional analysis, and from sustainable product design guidance to recyclability assessments
● Business and investor support – drawing on expertise in materials separation and reprocessing, energy from waste, anaerobic digestion and pyrolysis, waste transportation, and specialist waste collection services
● Specialist collections – working with industry partners, we set up and run specialist collection schemes that drive up recycling rates for targeted waste streams. We have proven expertise in setting up schemes involving hard-to-recycle waste and engaging difficult-to-reach customer and supply chain audiences
● Engineering and process optimisation – offering practical engineering support to help you optimise plant performance and profitability
● Industry and consumer engagement – working to engage both industry partners and customers, bring people on board, and promote behaviour change. Providing sector-specific marketing expertise and administrative resources, our team are the back-office engine behind a variety of successful recycling sector ventures
● Expert opinion – providing a valuable source of expert opinion within the recycling, separation and reprocessing sector. Our senior engineers have practical experience of both our own operations and those of a broad range of industry clients, making their opinions both credible and respected
News | Twitter | LinkedIn