There are just five days left to enter the 18th annual Awards for Excellence in Recycling and Waste Management, hosted by letsrecycle.com.
Taking place on Thursday 1 July at the Landmark Hotel in London, the long-running awards recognise local authorities, recycling companies and individuals that have gone the extra mile in their role.
Applications from councils, waste management companies and the third sector can be submitted until the 23 April 2021 here.
There will be 15 categories in total, with the addition of the Machinery and Equipment Innovation of the Year.
This year’s format will follow that of previous years, where the winners of the respective Metals, Organics, Wood, Plastics and Paper Recycling Business of the Year will be in with a chance to bag the coveted ‘Recycling Business of the Year’.
- *NEW* Machinery and Equipment Innovation of the Year
- Waste Management Initiative in the Retail, Commercial, Community and Public Sector Sponsored by Reconomy
- Circular Economy Success Sponsored by European Recycling Platform
- Best Use of Design and Technology in a Waste Management Facility Sponsored by the ESA
- Metals Recycling Business of the Year
- Organics Recycling Business of the Year Sponsored by CRJ Services
- Wood Recycling Business of the Year Sponsored by Fireward
- Plastics Recycling Business of the Year Sponsored by CCIC Inspection
- Paper Recycling Business of the Year Sponsored by Winfibre
- The Recycling Business of the Year Sponsored by Kiverco
- Waste Transfer and Skip Hire Business of the Year Sponsored by Turmec
- Collection Crew of the Year Sponsored by Beauparc
- HWRC Or Civic Amenity Site of the Year Sponsored by REPIC
- Health And Safety Initiative of the Year Sponsored by Sitezone
- The Best Local Authority Recycling Initiative Sponsored by Enva
Last year, the awards were held at a virtual event in November, and were judged by an expert panel including editor of letsrecycle.com Steve Eminton, Carole Taylor, chair of Larac , Julia Turner, executive director of the Wood Recyclers Association, Jacob Hayler, executive director of the Environmental Services Association, and Jarno Stet, secretary of Nawdo.
At the 2020 awards, wood recycling firm Egger Timberpak was named as recycling business of the year.