Waste Site Manager
London Borough of Hillingdon
£32,628 - £36,372
24 Jan 2018
About the job
Would you like to make a positive contribution to the environment? Come on board and join the newly structured Waste Services. We are looking to appoint an individual who enjoys a target driven front facing role to lead the team at our busy Civic Amenity site at Harefield where we receive and manage large quantities of recycling from residents and businesses seven days a week.
You will be responsible for the safe running of the site and leading a team of Site Supervisors, Officers, Driver Operatives and Site Operatives against an agreed team plan, performance targets and setting a culture of putting our residents first.
You will ensure continuous service improvement are developed and sustained. You will work closely with other managers within the Waste Services team to ensure process and practices are benchmarked for consistency.
You may be required to work on a rota with various shifts in line with the 7 day operation of the site.
About the person
You will be an ideal match for this post if you have a passion for and experience of successfully coordinating the work of a diverse team within a customer focused environment and have previous experience of managing a local authority Civic Amenity (CA) recycling/waste site or equivalent. You will also hold an Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 4/CoTC or have equivalent relevant experience. This is an exciting time to join a newly formed team structure where you will have the opportunity to put your ‘stamp on’ running a busy CA site. If this is the type of career path you have been searching for and you believe you meet the criteria as outlined in the Person Specification (see website below), we look forward to receiving your application!
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
● Local Government average salary pension scheme
● 36-hour week for all full-time staff
● Generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years’ service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
● Career breaks
● Season ticket loan
● Childcare vouchers in school summer holidays
● Access to a Credit Union
● On-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
● Access to a wide range of training and courses
● Discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
● Payment of professional fees where these are required
● Discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
● Cycle purchase scheme
● 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses