Waste and Recycling Education Officer
Ashford Borough Council
Up to £24,492
28 Jan 2018
01233 330 897
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to complement our existing Street Scene & Open Spaces team in providing and delivering education initiatives to the residents of the borough. The successful applicant will have previous experience of analysing data and presenting in a clear and accurate format as this post will be responsible for providing accurate information to support reports.
Other duties to include:
– Exploring opportunities to deliver seasonal campaigns to increase recycling targets, write the delivery plan and implement
– Carrying out ‘on the street’ inspections of service delivery and report findings back to management of the contract
– Conducting or coordinating inspections of waste and recycling containers presented at residences
It would be advantageous to have awareness of the borough demographics, as an integral part of this role is to deliver presentations to community groups in order to educate on correct waste disposal and broadening knowledge within the borough. Excellent communication and positive engagement skills are essential.
In addition you will need to have:
– A methodical and efficient approach to dealing with analysing data and presenting in a clear and accurate format
– Creativity and innovation
– A flexible and adaptable approach to working hours as there is a requirement that work may need to be delivered outside of normal working hours and include some evening and weekend work
– Willingness to learn relevant systems, processes and legislation
For an informal discussion, please contact Mark Goodman, Environmental Contracts and Enforcement Manager on the number below.