Benson, near Wallingford, Oxfordshire (OX10 6LX)
Competitive salary + Company car + Private healthcare and other great benefits.
22 Feb 2021
Keen to progress your career in the waste industry? If you have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the direct management of hazardous waste (at least five years), combined with strong leadership skills, here’s a fantastic opportunity to compliantly lead all operations undertaken by the vibrant and proactive Grundon Technical team. As Hazardous Waste Manager, you’ll be based at our modern head office in Benson, South Oxfordshire, and earn a competitive salary, company car, private healthcare and other great benefits.
Grow with Grundon
Ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table of top-performing private companies, Grundon is a leading provider of waste management and environmental services, and we’re adept at finding innovative solutions. Our hazardous waste collection and disposal services are award-winning, our facilities include an advanced aerosol reprocessing plant, and our customers include the emergency services, major pharmaceutical, research and manufacturing organisations, numerous airports and other transportation providers.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading and managing our Technical sales and administration functions, Chem-Pack Services, Industrial Services (deep-cleaning, site decontamination and decommissioning projects) and Technical transport operations, plus the management of Emergency Response Services.
- Focusing on delivery of first-class customer service and efficient planning of operations to maximise operating profitability and growth.
- Working with all other departments across the company to support and provide innovative waste management solutions.
What we’re looking for in you
- At least a degree-level education (Chemistry or related subject).
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience and success in managing large customer accounts.
- Ability to work within the constraints of an annual budget.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the legislation governing the management and transportation of hazardous wastes.
- Ideally, Dangerous Goods Advisor qualifications.
- Full UK driving licence.
Working hours: 37.5 per week: 8.30am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual to build on the effective and efficient running of our Technical team. Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Hazardous Waste Manager? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.
How to apply
Apply on company websiteAPPLY NOW
Share this job
Sign up to receive our regular vacancies email
The Zero Waste Awards has expert scheme partners who provide tools and guidance for those on their journey towards… https://t.co/thpTTVd1YF
Fly-tipping is ‘low risk and high reward’, says ESA - https://t.co/DUr8HP5Q9R
Bradford sees 15% rise in contamination during pandemic - https://t.co/8jiMZdrrRL