Waste Contracts Manager
Grundon Waste Management Ltd
Beenham, near Reading (RG7 5PY)
Competitive + car + great benefits
13 May 2021
Channel your extensive contract management and waste industry experience into an exciting new job that will play to your co-ordination and ‘people person’ strengths. As Waste Contracts Manager, you’ll negotiate and manage the contracts for incoming and outgoing waste from Grundon’s Material Recovery Facilities (MRFs), transfer stations and treatment operations. Interested? Based at Beenham, near Reading, but travelling between our sites and customers in the southeast, you’ll earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
– Company car
– Private healthcare
– Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
– Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
– Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
– Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
What you’ll be doing as Waste Contracts Manager
– Using detailed knowledge of the Company’s waste supply and disposal/recovery contracts, both to and from our facilities, developing and implementing strategies to optimise the operational benefits of the incoming and outgoing wastes.
– Ensuring our waste supply commitments to third-party disposal and recovery facilities are fulfilled.
– Negotiating and building strong relationships with local authorities, large waste management companies and corporate clients; attending regular meetings to discuss contracts, performance and future opportunities.
– Regularly communicating with internal colleagues (including sales, MRF managers and logistics) to schedule and co-ordinate waste movements.
– Producing and distributing regular reports.
What we’re looking for in you
– At least 10 years’ contract management experience
– At least 5 years’ experience in the waste management industry
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strategic thinker
– Full UK driving licence
Working hours: 40 hours per week – 8am-5pm Mon-Fri, though flexibility is required.
Grow with Grundon
In 2020, we were recognised as one of the UK’s top performing private companies when we were ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table for the second year running. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Grundon success story as Waste Contracts Manager and strengthen our team. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Waste Contracts Manager on 13.04.21