Mid Devon District Council
Willand, Cullompton EX15 3FA
£27,905 to £30,507 per annum
14 Aug 2020
Are you an experienced Supervisor / Team leader, ideally having worked in the recycling or similar industry?
We are looking to appoint a Supervisor in the Refuse Service based at Carlu Close Depot.
The successful candidate will be committed to supervising and assisting staff to fulfil objectives, whilst giving feedback and ideas on service improvement and alteration.
You will ideally be a good communicator across several levels – colleagues, managers, clients and members. You will have an understanding of how you can achieve the best from the staff you supervise.
You will be good with figures and logistics and have a familiarity with the District. You will be expected to deal with complaints, deliveries and creating new systems of work.
The post holder will need to be flexible as to start and finish times to deal with breakdowns, cover and late arrivals.
You will need a LGV licence, a good knowledge of health and safety and vehicle legislation and a can do attitude. In return the successful applicant can expect the support and training to enhance their performance and role.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Refuse Manager, you will be responsible for day to day operations, working closely with the other members of the management team, potentially with some weekend working involved.
- Monitor refuse and recycling collection crews and carrying out inspections accordingly.
- Monitor fleet compliance and also ensuring health and safety is always kept to a high standard.
- You will also be tasked with various day to day roles which will include timesheets, ensuring staff levels are kept in line with budget, ensuring all staff are briefed on the roles and responsibilities required of them, issue toolbox talks as and when required and carry out inductions and training.
What are the requirements?
- You must be able to demonstrate a good working practice and be able to make decisions accordingly.
- Working with and managing a team, you must preferably have previous recycling and waste management experience.
- Previous supervisory experience is essential.
- Experience of working within a busy logistics operation involving fleet compliance is also desirable.
- You will require a LGV C driving licence, good IT skills and previous experience with Microsoft packages.
For an informal discussion about the post, contact Simon Bruford, Refuse Manager on (01884) 24243.
Visit the council’s website for full application details https://www.middevon.gov.uk/your-council/jobs/current-vacancies/ss12-refuse-supervisor/
or alternatively for an application pack, please contact:
Customer First, Mid Devon District Council,
Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 6PP
Tel: (01884) 234331 – 24 hour recruitment line
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 14th August 2020 at 1:00 pm
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD: w/c 21st August 2020
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER: 2020031
Committed to Equality of Opportunity, we welcome applications from all sections of the community