£40K + Dividend + Performance Bonus
20 Jun 2020
TD Polymer is a start-up company in emerging recycled plastic manufacturing industry. The company is offering an excellent opportunity for someone looking for an autonomous and challenging role, where you will develop and lead the production team and play an instrumental part in the company success. If you are a mechanical minded, hands on professional with management experience, this is the environment for you!
The Role involves:
1. Daily management of the recyclable material reprocessing operation in the factory. This includes responsibilities for the maintenance team and production operators while working closely with the logistics and admin teams to make sure that production targets are met.
2. Oversee site adherence to key site processes relating to health and safety, and legislation. Compliance with Health & Safety at Work Act, other relevant legislation and Company procedures.
3. Maintaining a planned preventative maintenance schedule including a system of checks for plant on site and maintaining and updating the training matrix for production operators.
4. Be responsible for maximising production output across all departments and manage production in line with quality standards and performance target
5. Provide training and development to team members to ensure they perform efficiently and be responsible for motivating the teams, working closely with the team leader of every shifts.
6. Daily management of production waste and traffic management plan, pest control, litter control and cover utilisation.
7. Recruiting of production operators and build production team.
8. Other production related duties.
10 years of experience in managing a recycling Process Plant or Waste Management site
Key knowledge and skills
Ø Good knowledge of H&S regulation and safe systems of work, IOSH qualified is preferred.
Ø Strong leadership skills to lead the production teams in a start-up scenario, with an ability to manage and develop their teams effectively.
Ø A good knowledge of relevant legislation that relates to the operation of a recycling or manufacturing facility, WAMITAB level 4 is preferred.
Ø Technical production/process related qualifications such as BTEC, NVQs and relevant experiences in machine maintenance
Ø Good communication skills with all level
Ø Full, current driving license, able to travel without restriction and work some unsociable hours
Ø Strong project management skills
Ø Organised, structured approach to work.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a new venture and grow with the business. Re-processing in the UK is the future trend for plastic recycling. The market is huge. The company is confident in this. We welcome strong candidates who share the same vision as the management to join in and build a UK top re-processing facility in Hull
How to apply
Share this job
Sign up to receive our regular vacancies email
Agency extends hazardous wood RPS - https://t.co/Cimu2vAhrh