£30K + Dividend + Performance Bonus
26 Jun 2020
TD Polymer is an emerging plastic re-processing company, who uses recycled materials to produce plastic resins. The company owns one of only a few plastic re-processing facilities in the UK. We are inviting enthusiastic individuals to join in and grow with the company. The company is currently recruiting 2 plant fitters/mechanical engineers for plastic washing and re-processing line maintenance and repair to cover 24 hours shift.
If you have any type of experience in working on/carrying out maintenance on varied plant machinery, heavy engineering equipment, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, conveyor systems, shredders, motors, 3 phase system and power supply we want you to apply.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
1. As a Plant Fitter, you will use and build upon your solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of plant maintenance and repair to make sure the plastic washing and extrusion facility run smoothly on daily basis; prevent the breakdowns.
2. Assessing, fault finding, and problem solving to ensure minimum downtime of fixed plant. ·
3. Carrying out maintenance and servicing duties in outside conditions.
4. Working on all aspects of plant during periods where breakdowns or maintenance does not occur.
5. Predominantly maintaining the depot shredder, working with conveyor belts, rollers, bearings, hammers, grease and oil.
6. Carrying out some burning, welding and grinding when required.
7. Actively participating in our strong safety culture. Ensuring the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
8. Monitoring all visiting suppliers including PPE compliance.
9. Assisting depot management as required.
10. Other machinery related duties.
Experience & Skills requirements:
10 years of Heavy-duty machinery maintenance engineering experience needed. Prefer candidate with mechanical experience from recycling industry, familiar with Plastic washing line, and extrusion process.
Mechanical, welding/fabrication and electrical skills/qualifications are highly desirable.
Ability to operate safely and effectively in a large industrial environment.
Adaptable to meet business priorities.
Organised, safety conscious and motivated.
Comfortable working inside and outside.
Availability to work Saturdays.
Reliable, hardworking and hands on person
Working hours: 12 hours shift Between 8am to 8pm, need to flexible.