Waste Operations Delivery Officer
Essex County Council
Up to £43,299.00 per annum
28 Feb 2021
0333 013 5888
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance, be based from home for the foreseeable future. However, if/when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Essex County Council is committed to ensuring the county is a place where residents can flourish, and communities are supported to be more resilient, where we minimise our collective environmental impact, and where strong partnerships are secured to deliver benefits.
With your knowledge of the waste management industry and front-line operations you will manage contracts for disposal, reprocessing and recycling centres, as well as coordinating projects to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the statutory functions of the Waste Disposal Authority.
You will have the ability to influence contractors and to operate flexibly in a matrix management style across the Council and with partners.
- Operational management of waste treatment, reprocessing, disposal and transfer arrangements to meet statutory obligations.
- Support the existing operations team with the implementation of the new Integrated Waste Handling arrangements.
- Review and development of existing and future waste management infrastructure, including operational efficiencies and innovation.
- Partnership working with Contractors, the Waste Collection Authorities and other stakeholders to ensure services are effectively and safely managed.
- Assist in developing future waste management services and strategies.
- Lead on the mobilisation of new contracts and advise procurement on new requirements for the service.
- Identify good practice in the waste management industry and adopt new ideas to improve service delivery.
- Managing and co-ordinating specific work projects and reporting progress, both written and verbal, to senior officers and Members.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Educated to degree-level or equivalent qualification in Waste Management or a related subject with evidence of continuing professional development in a relevant professional area, such as Certificate of Technical Competence.
You will bring with you a thorough and practical understanding of local authority waste management services and responsibilities and a good working knowledge of legislation relevant to the role.
Proven ability to manage high value contracts and the mobilisation of key front-line services, such as transfer stations and recycling centres.
Good communication skills and experience in resolving operations problems to the satisfaction of all stakeholders is essential.
Above all, you will have knowledge and passion for the waste industry, developing and delivering front line services ensuring value for money and minimising risk.
Closing date: 28 February 2021.
To apply please click here https://www.workingforessex.com/apply/operational-manager-waste-553/
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success. If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16.30.
How to apply
Phone0333 013 5888
Apply on company websiteAPPLY NOW
Share this job
Sign up to receive our regular vacancies email
The Zero Waste Awards has expert scheme partners who provide tools and guidance for those on their journey towards… https://t.co/thpTTVd1YF
Fly-tipping is ‘low risk and high reward’, says ESA - https://t.co/DUr8HP5Q9R
Bradford sees 15% rise in contamination during pandemic - https://t.co/8jiMZdrrRL