Key Account Manager
Cawleys Waste & Resoucre Management
Luton w/ travel
14 May 2021
0845 260 2000
Cawleys is a third-generation family business with over 75 years’ experience in the waste management industry and is one of the leading, independently owned recycling companies in the UK. Current turnover exceeds £30m and the company employs 250 staff across four sites, operating a mixed fleet of 80 waste collection vehicles.
Cawleys does not own or manage landfill sites preferring to invest in waste recovery and processing technologies. The company pioneered the use of anaerobic digestion (AD) for commercial food waste in 2008, opening a state of the art Materials Recycling Facility (MRF) in the same year.
Cawleys is a strong, diverse resource management organisation offering a wide range of bespoke, innovative waste and recycling services. These include food waste recycling, award winning environmental change management programmes through our associate company, Veris Strategies and our specialist hazardous waste services division.
The company’s administrative and operational HQ is based in Luton with further sites in Milton Keynes and Wellngborough.
- This role is to facilitate the management of a portfolio of our most high profile contracts ensuring services, administration and training programmes are delivered within contractual KPI’s and SLA’s and to internal company processes and standards.
- This position will report to the Senior Key Account Manager and develop key working relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure the retention of and efficient running of the contracts.
- Responsible for looking after and developing relationships with the allocated portfolio of key accounts ensuring contracts are adhered to and taking advantage of any upselling opportunities within that portfolio ensuring commerciality at all times.
- To continuously innovate and improve sustainable waste management through evidence based contract development.
- Raise the profile and improve the reputation of Cawleys within the UK.
- Manage the customer relationship with Cawleys
- Manage rebids within allocated portfolio where appropriate
- Ensuring that processes and operational activities are resilient and can meet demand
- Management of all contractual KPIs and SLAs
- Manage any emergency contingency service requirements
- Maintain records utilising the company systems and processes of all client contact and activities on client accounts
- Provide client stakeholders with appropriate reporting information
- Project manage rollout of new services
- Maintain a good awareness of Environmental and Health & Safety legislation to ensure that company standards and policies on client sites are maintained and adhered to at all times
- Ensure clients are aware of Environmental and Health & Safety legislation changes
- Support education & training initiatives with operatives including tool box talks and awareness sessions
- Attending regular review meetings and ensuring that all activity falls within budget
- Identifying inefficiencies as well as other problems within the contract boundaries as well as the recognition and investigation of any problem issues linked to service delivery
- Investigating complaints and producing management reports.
- Monitoring of commercial performance including liaison with credit control
- Identify additional services and solutions which could be supplied
- Maintain an awareness of competitor activities, market trends and communicate to Cawleys management team
- Develop and maintain relationships with key client stakeholders
- Maximise business retention of Key Account portfolio
- Thorough understanding of waste management and recycling services
- Proven track record in corporate account management and delivering change within organisations.
- Experience managing total waste management packages including labour
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to produce reports and analyse data
- Ability to produce professional presentations
- Aptitude to learn waste management industry software
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Enthusiasm for waste and environmental excellence
- A personal ambition to develop skills and knowledge
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Commercial acumen and financially aware
- Project management skills
- Excellent personal presentation and people management skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive attitude
- Ability to work on your own and self-manage wisely to the benefit of the company whilst being a team player with little supervision
- Ability to think quickly, problem solve and make decisions