Key Account Manager (hazardous waste)
Grundon Waste Management
Benson, near Wallingford (OX10 6LX)
Competitive + car + great benefits
24 Jun 2021
Keen to progress your career in the waste industry? You’ll need contract management experience, hazardous waste knowledge and a Chemistry/Environmental Science qualification to be successful in a brand new relationship-building role in our proactive Technical hazardous waste team. As Key Account Manager, you will join our modern head office near Wallingford, South Oxfordshire, on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and good benefits, including:
– Company car (you’ll need to live or be willing to relocate to within 40 miles of Benson)
– Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
– Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
– Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
– Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
– Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you’ll be doing as Key Account Manager
The Technical hazardous waste side of our fascinating waste and environmental business manages the collection of all types of hazardous waste from our wide base of customers. This can be anything from laboratory chemicals, electrical items and radioactive material to maintenance waste, such as aerosols, paints, solvents and batteries.
As Key Account Manager, you will look after some of our bigger hazardous-waste clients – from R&D labs and universities, through to automation and aviation manufacturers – making sure that Grundon is meeting their day-to-day requirements, and assisting them with their long-term waste management and environmental goals and aspirations. The majority of contracts are within Grundon’s core operating area (Southern England); however, we are expanding our client base as we develop our facilities.
You will also ensure that contract/customer queries are dealt with effectively, with an understanding of the importance of excellent customer service.
What we’re looking for in our Key Account Manager
– Minimum HNC (degree preferable) in Chemistry or Environmental Science is essential
– Contract management experience
– Knowledge of the hazardous waste industry and associated regulations
– Ideally, an understanding and experience of bulk liquid waste removal
– You’re a confident communicator and negotiator with a ‘can do’ attitude and passion for exceeding customers’ environmental and sustainability targets
– Full UK driving licence.
Working hours: 37.5 per week: 8.30am-5pm, Mon-Fri (flexibility required).
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table of top-performing private companies, and we are growing! Our hazardous waste collection and disposal services are award-winning, and our advanced facilities include an aerosol reprocessing plant.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Grundon success story and strengthen our Technical team as a Key Account Manager. Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.