Assistant Transfer Station Manager
Grundon Waste Management Ltd
Ewelme, near Wallingford (OX10 6PJ)
Competitive + great benefits
31 May 2021
Do you have a wealth of knowledge and experience of the hazardous waste industry, combined with strong leadership skills? At Grundon, we’re looking for a capable and confident Assistant Transfer Station Manager to help with the day-to-day management of our industry-leading hazardous waste transfer facility at Ewelme, South Oxfordshire. You’ll join us on a permanent contract and earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
– Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
– Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
– Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
– Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
– Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
What you’ll be doing as Assistant Transfer Station Manager
Joining a hard-working and highly skilled team at our busy transfer station, which accepts all types of hazardous waste and uses advanced processing and recycling technologies, you’ll help with its day-to-day operation by:
– assessing and allocating workloads to site chemists and operatives;
– addressing any issues that arise with operators, drivers, contractors and visitors;
– assisting with the training and development of site chemists and operators;
– ensuring that the site is kept clean and tidy and that all waste is stored in accordance with the site permit;
– promoting high standards of health & safety and compliance.
What we’re looking for in our Assistant Transfer Station Manager
– Degree in Chemistry (or Chemistry/Environmental related discipline)
– COTC Level 4 – either Managing Transfer or Treatment Operations
– At least five years’ waste management experience
– Understanding of all current UK legislation associated with the waste industry
– Full UK driving licence
– Methodical, organised and calm under pressure
– Excellent communication skills
Working hours: 7am-4pm or 9am-6pm Mon-Friday, rotated on a fortnightly basis. A total of 40 hours per week.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is a leading provider of waste management and environmental services and we’re adept at finding innovative solutions. Our hazardous and clinical waste collection and disposal services are award-winning, and our facilities include an advanced aerosol recycling facility.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Grundon success story as Assistant Transfer Station Manager and strengthen our team. Interested? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as possible.