Assistant Site Manager
Excellent salary DOE
31 Oct 2017
At S Norton & Co Ltd we are proud to be one of the country’s leading metal recycling companies. Our ethical and innovative approach has secured us two Queen’s awards for industry and enterprise in addition to accredited industry quality and environmental standards. We are an equal opportunities employer and judge our applicants and employees solely on their ability to do the job.
We offer a great place to work, an attractive pay and benefits package and know that attracting and retaining high calibre individuals enables us to remain at the forefront of the UK metal recycling industry.
We are looking to recruit a capable and experienced Assistant Site Manager for our Southampton site. You will be required to undertake a range of manual and clerical duties in order to work collaboratively with the Site Manager in ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner and relevant targets are met.
You will have the ability to operate all plant machinery including, but not exclusive to material handlers, wheel loaders, shear, FLT and cherry picker.
You will also have excellent people skills and be able to manage and develop others.
Essential requirement for the role are:
– Proven track record of working in a comparable role
– A working knowledge of Health & Safety rules and regulations, Environmental and Quality Standards
– To have attended recognised external IOSH training as demonstrated by the relevant certificate(s)
– Proven supervisory/people management & development skills
– The ability to deliver verbal and written reports to senior managers
– Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with good literacy and numeracy
– IT Literate with the ability to use a range of packages applicable to the role
– Full, clean driving license
An application pack consisting of the job description/person specification and application form is available from the HR department at Bankfield House, Regent Road, Liverpool L20 8RQ or by sending an E-mail request to Stephanie.Plunkett@s-norton.com