As part of the hazardous waste team – you will play a central role in the safe supervision of incoming and outgoing waste – and provide technical support to the rest of the business.
Job roles include:
- Advising the technical assessment and sales team where required
- Stock Management
- Overseeing the receipt and dispatch of wastes and ensuring the high standards of our duty of care regime are maintained
- Sampling and assessing all wastes as required by our license and associated guidance
- Supervising staff and advising on all aspects of operation in the transfer station • Bulking up hazardous and non-hazardous wastes and providing advice to staff on technical matters
- Managing and undertaking the processing of lab smalls and difficult wastes
- Working with the hazardous waste manager, SHE Manager and Directors to ensure all operations are carried out with the highest regard to Health , Safety and Environment
- Ensuring waste is stored and managed in accordance with the site License and that stock levels are maintained within the specified limits
- Working with the commercial team to ensure the profitability of all hazardous waste operations in line with Company expectations
- Record Keeping Off site work will include • Listing , Packaging, labelling and collection of hazardous waste
- Support of customers with site visits and management meetings
- Salary is flexible and dependent on experience and/or qualifications the right candidate brings to the role.
You must have hazardous waste management experience and hold relevant chemistry qualifications
WAMITAB would be beneficial ,however not an immediate requirement, as would experience of working on the commercial side of any such business(working with customers and disposal sites on routing and pricing) .
Reference ID: LOWHAZ02