– Company car (you must live or be willing to relocate to, within a 40-mile radius of Banbury)
– Private healthcare
– Discretionary bonus based on performance
– Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
– Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
– Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
About the Site Manager role
This is not a sit-back-and-oversee role – we’re looking for a strong leader with a hands-on approach and passion for high service standards to ensure our commercial waste collection services in the Oxfordshire area are carried out safely and efficiently.
You will also be responsible for the profitable and compliant operation of our Banbury transfer station (permitted to handle 70,000 tonnes per annum of commercial, industrial and domestic waste from both Grundon vehicles and external customers).
As Site Manager, you will manage and motivate a team that includes around 32 drivers, observing all health & safety and HR employment policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for in our Site Manager
– Ideally, five years’ supervisory or managerial experience in the waste industry, with transfer station and depot experience.
– Current COTC – Level 4 qualification and NEBOSH certificate, or be working towards them.
– Certificate of Professional Competence.
– Confident and diplomatic communicator, both written and verbal, with employees and customers.
– Good working knowledge of: investigation, disciplinary, grievance and dismissal procedures; absence management; working time regulations etc.
– Financial awareness – an understanding of budgets and data manipulation for reporting purposes, with an ability to control costs and work within budgetary constraints.
– Strong leadership and managerial skills – you are adept at forging good relationships.
– Ideally, a working knowledge of weighbridge systems and mobile plant operations.
– Full UK driving licence, ideally with LGV Class 2 entitlement.
Working hours: 44 per week: 7.30am-5pm Mon-Fri, plus alternate Saturday mornings, 7.30am-12 noon, though you may need to be flexible about start and finish times and working additional hours.
Grow with Grundon
At the cutting-edge of waste management, we’re ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table of top-performing private companies. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Grundon success story as Site Manager and strengthen our team. Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.
How To Apply
Candidates should apply using the link https://www.grundon.com/careers/job/196587/site-manager