The successful candidate will take on the following responsibilities, reporting directly to ESA’s Executive Director.
- Lead the Association’s policy development across issues affecting the recycling industry.
- Form relationships with key individuals across the recycling sector and be the principal ESA policy contact for recycling
- Respond to government and other policy initiatives relevant to the industry and co-ordinate analysis and evidence gathering from ESA’s Member Companies
- Work with the rest of the policy team to produce research, briefings, reports and other publications
- Help ESA’s work on promoting a positive image of the recycling and waste industry
- Assist ESA’s Communications Officer to present proactive media campaigns to the trade press, as well as local and national media
Required skills and qualifications
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent from a leading institution
- Keen interest in environmental policy and related issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely high quality drafting skills
- Ability to use relevant computer and software packages
- Some previous experience within a political or policy environment (and recycling policy in particular) would be advantageous, but not a necessity
Interested candidates with a valid right to work in the UK should email their CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is Friday 15th July.
How To Apply