Commercial Recycling owns and operates two waste recycling facilities at Canford Recycling Centre in Wimborne, operating with two separate waste management permits, a 175,000 tonne per year Commercial, Industrial & Domestic waste processing facility and a Construction & Demolition Inert waste management permit, which allows up to 250,000 tonne of materials to be imported and processed by crushing, screening, and washing. In addition CRSL owns and operates a waste transfer facility at Evercreech in Somerset which is permitted to receive 120,000 tonnes per year of Commercial, Industrial & Domestic waste.
As well as the fixed facilities the Company operates at any time a number of short-term operations working with independent landowners completing works such as the construction of lagoons, acoustic or security bunds, land remediation and golf course improvements. These projects range from small scale restoration projects importing 1-2 thousand tonnes to several hundred thousand tonnes.
Avon Material Supplies is the haulage and marketing company for the inbound and outbound movement of materials for sites operated by Commercial Recycling and other operators. AMS owns and operates a fleet of over 30 HGV’s comprising; Tippers, Grabs, Skips, RoRo’s, RCV, Artics, Volumetric Concrete Mixers and Drum Mixers. In additional to the fleet AMS operates a workshop and static Concrete Batching Plant.
About the Role
The head of operations will be responsible for ensuring that both companies operate at all times in a fully compliant manner within the relevant Environmental and Health & Safety legislation. The successful candidate will review the current operational processes in place and ensure that all processes are fully optimised.
As well as managing the existing facilities, the successful candidate will be key to developing new facilities, expanding the product range and services on offer across both businesses.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an operational management role
- Experience of managing fixed plant, mobile plant and or HGV fleet
- Ability to assess productivity data, optimise staffing and production capacity
- Experience in producing and managing budgets
- Ability to undertake strategic planning, ensuring that staff are all aware of operational best practices and implementing new technologies
- Ability to lead to teams and work alongside other key members of the senior management team
- Proactive and highly self-motivated
How to apply
CV and covering letter via email: firstname.lastname@example.org