Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance Fitters
Allen & York Ltd
£30 – 37K
31 Mar 2017
Our Client, a leading UK resource management / recycling and energy company, is looking for Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance Fitters to join their team in London.
The successful candidate will focus on ensuing the day to day operational requirements and all maintenance schedules (PPMs) are met, as well as guaranteeing spares and equipment are to the correct specification.
- To carry out the duties as a fitter/electrician in accordance with:
- The agreed standards set by Cory Riverside Energy in the operation of the site contracts.
- That which is specified in the employee’s terms and conditions of employment.
- To service and maintain the company’s mechanical and electrical plant.
- To carry out mechanical & electrical tests as required by regulation and legislation.
- To work flexible hours (may include night shift) commensurate with the requirements of the relevant site PPM & repair schedules.
- To participate in standby duties and attend the sites outside normal working hours in the event of an emergency.
- To ensure all necessary security procedures are properly followed.
- To comply with standard employee Health & Safety at Work responsibilities and any other company policies connected with their employment.
- To report immediately to the Supervisor (or other member of management) any defect / damage / incident to plant/equipment/personnel that will detrimentally effect the operations of the transfer station.
- To ensure accidents & incidents are reported to the Shift Supervisor immediately.
- To be familiar with and understand:
- Information displayed on the notice board.
- General safety awareness handbook.
- To wear the authorised company clothing, including P.P.E, in a clean and professional manner.
- To take care for the health & safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- To undertake any other duties as required from time to time.
- Undertake travel if required when partaking in training on behalf of the business.
Skills and Experience:
- Good Communication both verbally and written.
- Adaptable and flexible and able to meet PPM deadlines.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Experience in operating/maintaining/testing Conveyors; Balers; Optical sorters; various sorting screens; Grab & Container Handling Cranes; Hydraulic Waste Compactors; Mobile Plant.
- Able to work within a team and be a team player.
- Full driving license.
- Fluent in English.
- Recognised mechanical/electrical qualification.
- Educated to “GCSE” standard or equivalent.
- Competent welding skills and PLC literate.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.