Central Control Room Supervisor
Allen & York Ltd
03 Jul 2017
Our Client, a leading national waste management business, is looking for a Control Room Supervisor to join their team in London. The role will include a variety of activities: Crane Driver, Plant Operator and General Plant Operator and will be reporting directly to Duty Shift Engineer.
Main Responsibilities will include, but not limit:
- Make sure that all plant is under the supervision at all times; during start up, during operations and shutdown, and in accordance with the instructions of the Duty Shift Engineer.
- Supervision and instruction of Plant Operators and Crane Driver.
- Ensuring that plant emissions, do not exceed authorised limit.
- Ensuring that oncoming shifts are made fully aware of the operational state of all plant.
- Taking appropriate action on receipt of alarms, and during events of abnormal operating conditions.
- Liaising with outside electrical distribution agencies with regard to the HV system.
- Initiation of emergency service requirements.
- Acting as point of contact for Security and Emergency Services.
- Reception of external telephone communications outside office hours.
- Keeping accurate records of staff attendance and absence reports.
- The control room supervisor will be required to carry out appropriate training within their area of expertise and also undertake training.
- Synchronising and loading of four 12.5 MW main Turbines and two 2.7 MW house sets with due regard to electrical system requirements.
- Remote switching of 11KV and 3.3KV switchgear.
- Liaising as necessary and as instructed by the Duty Shift Engineer with Mechanical, Electrical and Instrument Maintenance Departments, and with Contractors.
- Carrying out routine plant checks and tests, maintaining log books and log sheets, and reporting defects and abnormalities to the Duty Shift Engineer.
- Minimum: C&G Boiler Operation, Turbine Operation or equivalent. Preferably National Certificate level in mechanical or electrical or plant engineering.
- Must have experience in the operation of Boilers, Turbines and auxiliary plant, or suitable alternative experience augmented by further training.
- A commitment to undertake own training as deemed necessary to improve and update knowledge and increase “skills” and to train others when required to do so.
- The ability to lead the team as well as work as part of a team to solve problems.
- The ability and willingness to work in cold wet conditions when necessary.
- A positive attitude towards and the ability to cope with change.
- A high level of knowledge of site procedures.
Permanent (Rotating Shifts)
Please Note: All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without the need for employer sponsorship.